Experts have warned of the potential risk of large numbers of unsecured devices connecting to the Internet since the Internet of Things (IoT) concept was first proposed in the late 1990s.
Networking appliances and other objects is relatively new, security has not always been considered in product design. IoT products are often sold with old and unpatched embedded operating systems and software.
Internet of Things (IoT) Security MasterClass is a course on how to safeguard connected devices and networks in Internet of Things (IoT). Participants will learn about the how to integrate the security aspect into their IoT design taking into consideration all the threats that can possibly happen.
- Need of Internet of Things (IoT) Security
- Requirement and Basic Properties, Main Challenges, Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability, Non-Repudiation
- Internet of Things (IoT) Architecture
- Device – device, Device – Cloud, Device – Gateway, Gateway – Cloud, Cloud – Backend – Applications
- Security Classification & Access Control
- Data classification (Public and Private), Privacy issues in IoT, IoT Authentication and Authorization, IoT Data Integrity
- Web Based Attacks and Implementation in IoT
- Denial of Service, Sniffing, Phishing, DNS Hijacking, Pharming, Defacement etc
- Cipher – Symmetric Key Algorithms (AES and DES), Asymmetric Key Algorithm (RSA)
- Attacks – Dictionary and Brute Force, Lookup Tables, Reverse Lookup Tables, Rainbow Tables
- Hashing – MD5, SHA256, SHA512, RipeMD, and WHIRLPOOL, Salt , Best practices
- Attack Surface in IoT and Threat Assessment
- Embedded Device – UART, SPI, I2C, JTAG
- Software and Cloud components – Firmware of the device, Web Application Dashboard, Mobile Application used to Control, Configure and Monitor the devices
- Radio Communication – WiFi, BLE, Cellular, Zigbee*, ZWave*, 6LoWPAN
- Iot Protocol inbuilt Security Features
- On Transport Layer – SSL/TLS and DTLS
- On Application Layer – MQTT, CoAP, XMPP, AMQP
- Security Management
- Identity and Access Management, Key Management
- Model Discussions Along with Use Cases
- Smart Home, Smart Agriculture, Smart Retail Supply, Smart Healthcare, Smart Grid, Smart Cities
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
This course is designed to assist those people interested in the security aspect of Internet of Things (IoT). The Internet of Things MasterClass (IoT) Security MasterClass is intended to equip you with a set of skills that you can draw on to implement the technology in your organisation.
Class is limited to 20 attendees as hands-on sessions and real-time demonstration is expected.
On completion of this Internet of Things MasterClass (IoT) Security MasterClass, attendees will have a robust set of Internet of Things (IoT) Security skills that can be applied to any work setting.
Contact Us for more information