The effectiveness of groups of individuals within an organization is very much dependant the ability of managers and supervisors to lead a team. Building Team and Nurturing Talent (BTNT) is designed for anyone who wants to enhance their skills in leading teams to efficiently achieve organizational objectives and advance their own career. Learn the art of inspiring a team and ensuring team roles are well defined to achieve high performance. Participants will also acquire skills for dealing with conflict and difficult situations that can arise in every team.
- Duration: 1 Day / 8 Hours
- Certification: Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion upon successfully completed the course
- Who Should Attend: Leaders, Managers, Supervisors, Business Owners and anyone seeking to enhance their competency in leadership and management
Module 1 Introduction to Management
Participants will learn about the importance of leadership and management , and how the roles of managers evolved through the years.
- What is Management
- Leadership vs Management
- Identify the specific tasks of the new Manager’s Role
- Essentials of Leadership in Management
Module 2 Leading Changes / Expectation
Change is the key to the survival of all business. In order to successfully change and adapt to time, Leaders will have to begin understanding the behaviour at the workplace. Participants will acquire knowledge on how to understand the different behaviours in the workplace.
- Evolution of Management and Leadership
- Understanding Behaviour at the Workplace and its implication
- Brief introduction to Behavioural Analytics in Workplace
- Data-driven Leadership to Managing Self and Others
Module 3 Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence
Knowing themselves well will help Participants understand the importance of being self-aware. Leaders are expected to understand their own strength and weaknesses in order to help them identify the resources required to lead the team.
- Self-awareness – the secret ingredient to a great leadership
- Model of self-awareness
- Emotional Intelligence Competencies
- Becoming an Emotionally Intelligent Leader
Module 4 Leadership Styles
There is no one-size fit all formula in leadership. By understanding how to adapt different styles to different employees will help leaders better manage and motivate a team in achieving its goals.
- Identification of Role Model
- How role model shapes individual leadership styles
- How values impact the management of self and others
Module 5 Motivation in Practice
Motivational theories provide insight into what makes employees perform better. Participants will acquire knowledge on the different motivation theories and how they can apply these theories to help them better manage and lead a team.
- Introduction to Motivation Theories
- How Motivation Theories can be applied
- Resistance to Changes in self and others
Module 6 Secrets of an Effective Team and Leader
Effective teams are the key to the success of all organizations. Its leaders play a key role in steering the team into achieving success. In this module, participants will learn the secrets of building an effective team and the key elements to making it a successful.
- Definition of an Effective Team and Leader
- Ingredients of an Effective Team and Leader
- Building an Effective Team
- Transformation into an Effective Leader